Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My puppy is not such a puppy anymore...

Utley will be 6 months this week and I realized I was slacking on taking pictures of her recently and that I haven't even posted about her since we got her.

For those of you who are new to the blog, Tim and I have a 6 year old lab named Dakota and this September we rescued another dog. Her name is Utley and we're not sure what breed she is. They originally told us she was a St. Bernard/Collie mix, but I really don't think she has any St. Bernard in her. I think she's definitely part Collie, but with what we're not sure. Her brother and sisters look anything from a Golden Retriever to Great Pyrenees to Australian Shepherd. We really wanted a BIG dog (bigger than Dakota), but I doubt she'll get bigger than him at this point. She's 45 pounds currently and almost as tall as Koda. She's still got a lot of growing to do, but if she was part St. Bernard she'd be much bigger than she is now. She's got a great temperament and gets along well with Dakota. She definitely has her moments, but has been a wonderful addition to our family. Here are some pictures we took recently.












♥ Erin

1 comment:

Cool Gal said...

Isn't she cute?!

I just LOVE dogs. The unconditional love they give is so special.

Your dogs are just precious. How wonderful you rescued Utley! :)