Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween Party

This past weekend Tim and I decided to have a bunch of people over for Halloween. Even though we've lived here for over 2 years, we've never stayed in the area for it (always ended up going to PA). So this year it was nice not to travel and spend it with some of our closest friends. Everybody made tons of food, we were so stuffed. I got pictures of most of the food, but I never got pictures of the things people brought later. Below is what I have for you guys and I'm going share all the recipes of the food I made. I hope everyone had a great Halloween!

Hermione & Goose

Pauly D & Snooki

Caveman & Jane

Tim's famous chicken salad


Wendy's "Monster Eyes" aka sausage balls with olives

Wendy's sweet potato biscuits

My refried bean pizza

My veggie dip


Half of the spread


Some of the other dishes made were pulled pork with coleslaw, chicken kabobs, "bloody bug guts" aka guacamole, buffalo chicken dip, pumpkin apple pie, halloween cake, cookies & cupcakes...needless to say we have a lot of left overs.

Veggie Dip

16 oz. sour cream
3/4 cup ketchup
1 package italian seasoning
1/2 lemon, squeezed

The ketchup and lemon are to taste. The color of the dip should be a light pink. Depending on how many people you're making this for will alter your mixture. I've made this so many times I do it all by looks.

Refried Bean Pizza

1 tube (11 1/2 oz.) refrigerated bread twists
1 can (16 oz.) refried beans
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies
2 cups Mexican cheese blend
1 can (2 1/4 oz.) sliced black olives
Chopped jalapeno pepper, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream and green onions optional

Unroll the bread twists and press onto a greased 12 in. pizza pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine refried beans and chilies;spread over crust to within 1/2 in. of edge. Top with cheese and olives. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.






♥ Erin

2 comments:

Miss K said...

looks like a lot of fun!

Brittany said...

the sandwich looks delicious

and you all look fabulous! :) Great costumes!