Friday, November 12, 2010

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly...of the Harry Potter Premiere

The Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1) World Premiere was in London last night. Of course the red carpet was full of fashion winners and losers. Below are as many pictures as I could find of the actors from the movie, I didn't even want to include ALL the celebrities that showed up (we'd be here all day). Below you'll find my likes, dislikes and ones that I was just indifferent to. Although, when you think about it, a lot of the actors in these films were very eccentric just like the characters they played. So their choice of outfit isn't as shocking when you think about it. I am disappointed though, Alan Rickman (Professor Snape) was missing from the premiere (or at least I couldn't find one picture of him there). What are some of your favorite pictures from the premiere?

Likes

These three looked fabulous. Emma definitely stole the show with her lacy outfit, and not many people can pull off that hair cut. They've all grown up so much.

Totally impressed with these two, they really clean up nice.

There was never a doubt in my mind that Ralph Fiennes wouldn't look handsome.

Jason Isaacs is a very good looking man (especially without the long white wig).

Now I know some of you would have put this in your dislike column. However, it's Helena Bonham Carter...this is her style. I think it was one of her better choices.

I love the green and blue to bring out his hair and complexion. This suit was a good choice for Tom.

Imelda channeled a little bit of Dolores Umbridge in this outfit and she looks stunning.

Ummm, when did Neville Longbottom get hot?


Dislikes

I was really disappointed with Clemence Poesy's choice of dress. She's beautiful and classic, but this does nothing for her.

Bonnie is 19 years old, she looks like she's going for 50.

Evanna looks much better as a blond, and this color does not work with her hair or complexion. She looks washed out.

Mark looked a little too disheveled for me.


Indifferent

This one was a hard one. I neither like it nor hate it. I'm a fan of the dress and I think Katie looks good, but I feel like her gothic hair and makeup mismatched everything.

I'm indifferent to plain outfits. Even though Julie looks nice, it's just too boring for me.

I'm not quite sure what John is trying to pull off. A little bit of Sherlock Holmes?

Emma pulled off black lace really well, JK didn't have as much luck. I was expecting something better from her.

Like I said, I'm indifferent to the plain outfits. What was with all the black?


I cannot wait until this movie comes out next week. Unfortunately, I have a crazy week ahead and probably won't get to see it until the week of Thanksgiving. I am almost done the 6th book and will hopefully finish the 7th and final book before I see Part 1.





♥ Erin

2 comments:

WendyB said...

Helena certainly has distinct taste!

Miss K said...

I agree, this was a great improvement from Helena's usual choices. Definitely "like" pile for her.

I just started "reading" the HP books, I got the first one on cd and LOVE IT!! I can't believe it's taken me so long to read..er listen to them! esp when i've always liked the movies