Wednesday, November 24, 2010

PSU vs. Indiana and Thanksgiving Linner

This is a short week for most of us so may not be many posts this week. We'll be traveling tonight to get down to South Carolina to visit my Mom and Step dad for Thanksgiving. I would have posted earlier this week, but we had a lot going on.

So just to catch you up on my weekend, my Dad, Step mom and sister came down because they got us tickets to the PSU/Indiana game at FedEx field on Saturday. It was a long day, but we had great seats and a wonderful time. We started out the morning (yes morning) tailgating until game time. We had quite a spread (thanks to the rents) that consisted of meats and cheeses, fruit and dip, mimosas, bagels and donuts. I even got to meet up with my suite mates from PSU freshman year. I hadn't seen them in almost 10 years! I can't believe I'm old enough to say something like that. Anyway here are some pics from the day. I have more pictures coming from my step mom, but I haven't gotten them yet. Here's what I had so far.

Out front of the stadium with our friends Bonnie & Rob

The view from our awesome seats

Tim & me

Cyndie & my sister Alex

My sister survived her first PSU tailgate.

Bonnie & me

Dad & Cyndie

Yes that's a flamingo, and yes he's going to drink out of it.


After we recovered on Sunday, we headed over to our friend Ben's house for our first annual Thanksgiving Linner (yes linner, it's between lunch and dinner). There was a total of 10 of us and we also had 2 visitors attend that were in town visiting Roman and Jenny our neighbors. Everybody made a dish and let me tell you, I have no problem have a pre-Thanksgiving dinner a few days before. Everything was wonderful and especially before we get into such a busy time for everyone, it was nice to just eat, laugh and enjoy time with our closest friends in VA. Here are a couple pictures from our event. If you're wondering what I made, you may have to stick around later for a post about it...I'm sure there will be one.

The spread


The crew


What are everyone's plans for Thanksgiving? Are you traveling or do people come to you?





♥ Erin

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Great picture of everyone Erin!! Want to send a copy my way? :)