Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Inspired By...Boardwalk Empire

Not only do I love the show, Boardwalk Empire, but I love the "look" of the time period it takes place during. There are a few times throughout history that I would have loved to live in for a number of reasons. The 20s and 30s are on that list. If you watch the show weekly, then you already know what a great job the costume designer has done on set. Even if you didn't have that much money back then, the clothes were beautiful and conservative. People got dressed up to go everywhere. In Atlantic City people were flashy, but you also had a sense of the working class and of course it was on the beach. This mix that went on there is portrayed well on the show and by how they dress. Here are some of my faves, but since the show is relatively new I had a hard time finding a lot of the outfits I wanted to show you. Is this a time period that interests you?
























♥ Erin

No comments: