Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Jalapeno Cheese & Bacon Dip

Tim & I went to a friends housewarming party this weekend and I was bringing a lot of pre-made things, but I wanted to actually make something as well. My lovely mother when she was visiting last weekend brought me all kinds of stuff from Costco that I couldn't eat all by myself (without gaining 40 pounds). I was very happy to share all the goodies with our friends. So on top of the spinach dip in a bread bowl and guacamole I decided to make the jalapeno dip for a couple of reasons. One, I had 2 jalapenos in my fridge that I had to use or they were going to go bad and I was very curious as to how this would turn out. I thank my girlfriend Lara and her husband Blair for this fantastic recipe that started out as a stuffer for jalapeno peppers. Apparently they had extra left over and that's how they got this idea.


Picture is before dip is put in oven


1 pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded cheese (I used a mexican mix)
4 jalapenos, chopped
4 slices of bacon, chopped

Directions:
De-seed (is that a word?) jalapenos and put in food processor. Cook bacon and do the same. Combine all ingredients and put into 9 in. pie plate. Bake for 10 minutes at 350.

If you want to make this as a stuffer just de-seed jalapenos and cut length wise down the middle. Stuff mixture into pepper and bake on cookie sheet (same time and temperature).







♥ Erin

1 comment:

Caroline said...

My mouth is watering!