Wednesday, September 1, 2010

2010 Fall TV Lineup

Today is September 1st and you know what that means! It's almost time for TV's fall lineup to begin. Thank goodness I had True Blood all summer to tide me over, I have been counting down to the start of some of my fave shows like The Vampire Diaries and One Tree Hill. I also have a few new shows I'm adding to my list that hopefully you guys are interested in as well!

I'll start things off with my guilty pleasure network, the CW. I can't help but love almost every show on here. This year they are introducing new shows and moving all my other shows around. It's going to take some getting used to.

The Vampire Diaries premieres September 9th @ 8 and I can't wait! Last season we left off with the crazy Kathryn in town pretending to be Elena where she kissed Damon and killed Uncle John. The last 5 minutes of that episode drove me crazy! From what I've read, this season will concentrate on the Lockwood's family secret and what exactly Tyler is. If you have not gotten into this show, I highly suggest it! The complete first season was released yesterday on DVD. I found it on Amazon for $37.99 if you're interested.




Gossip Girl premieres September 13th @ 9 with hopefully some sort of conclusion to one of the craziest cliffhangers the show had. Chuck left for dead in some alley and they stole the ring he was going to give to Blair? Oh no! Personally, this whole Georgina pregnant by Dan thing just cannot be true. Georgina annoys the crap outta me. I hope she isn't on the show very long this season. Plus, is Billy Baldwin going to come back to play a role as Serena's father? You can purchase season 3 on DVD at Amazon for $36.99, it was released August 24th. By the way, totally love The *itch is Back promo poster I found.



One Tree Hill premieres September 14th @ 8 which is a new night for the series. I'm so used to having OTH and GG back to back on Mondays. This is going to throw my whole week off. I have been watching this show since the start. I was surprised at how well the show did last season losing Hilarie Burton and Chad Michael Murray, and I posted a couple weeks ago about Bethany Joy Galeotti maybe leaving midway through this season. Even if that doesn't happen I expect this to be it's last season. I just hope they end it with Hilarie and Chad making a guest appearance and everything in Tree Hill, NC being normal for once. We'll see about that though. Last season they left us hanging when crazy Katie shot Clay and Quinn right before the show faded to black. I believe I was home alone screaming, "Oh my god!" Because at that time they still hadn't been picked up for the 8th season so everyone was wondering how the finale would end. You can't leave your viewers like that, so I assumed it got picked up and I was right. I'm excited for this show, but at the same time I'm also ready for it to be over. Season 7 DVD can be found on Amazon for $36.99, it was released August 17th.

Supernatural premieres September 24th @ 9 and I'm not sure what to expect honestly. First of all they moved it to Friday following Smallville so most likely I'll be DVRing it. It used to follow The Vampire Diaries on Thursday nights which was nice, so most likely I'll just end up watching it some other time during the week. Anyway, what a crazy ending to season 5! This was another show that was on the chopping block because it hadn't secured it's 2 main stars after 5 seasons. To be honest I can't believe they've gone this long. The original story line from season 1 has grown so much it's crazy to think back that far. I have no idea where they are going to go with this season either considering where it left off. Sam had been possessed by Lucifer and Adam (the Winchester's half-brother) had been possessed by Michael. Sam somehow breaks free for a minute and tumbles the two of them into a giant hole that I suspect to be hell only to see Sam staring at Dean from outside the home where he's decided to start his new life. What? Once again, I'm excited to see what they do with that as well. I believe this will be it's last season as well because the creator only had a 5 year plan for the show, but the network ordered more. Loving the new promo poster I found for season 6 of Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki.

The Event premieres September 20th @ 9 on NBC and is supposed to be the new Lost. Since I have just started watching Lost, I don't want to be the one person who doesn't watch The Event. So I'll give it a shot. I'll have to DVR it since GG is on at the same time, but I'll give it a whirl. It looks pretty good. If you get a chance check out the promo on You Tube. Here is the shows premise:

"The Event is an emotional high-octane conspiracy thriller that follows Sean Walker (Jason Ritter, "The Class"), an Everyman who investigates the mysterious disappearance of his fiancee, Leila (Sarah Roemer, "Disturbia"), and unwittingly begins to expose the biggest cover-up in U.S. history. Sean's quest will send ripples through the lives of an eclectic band of strangers, including: newly elected U.S. President Martinez (Blair Underwood, "Dirty Sexy Money"); Sophia (Emmy Award nominee Laura Innes, "ER"), who is the leader of a mysterious group of detainees; and Sean's shadowy father-in-law (Scott Patterson, "Gilmore Girls"). Their futures are on a collision course in a global conspiracy that could ultimately change the fate of mankind."


Boardwalk Empire premieres September 19th on HBO
I can't wait for the premiere of this show. Anything directed by Martin Scorsese is a winner in my book. The show chronicles the life and times of Nucky Thompson, the undisputed ruler of Atlantic City, who was equal parts politician and gangster.


What are some of the shows you're looking forward to this fall?







♥ Erin

1 comment:

Frances said...

I wish I had CW at home. I looooove One Tree Hill. I've also been watching it since the beginning. I love the show and I thought that season 7 was actually better than season 6. I was starting to get annoyed with Lucas and Peyton. I'm sad to see it end, but in a way ready for it to come to a close. I hope all the characters have happy endings (ie Brooke and Julian get married and miraculously get pregnant and Nathan and Haley live a happy life with their two children).