Friday, July 9, 2010

World Cup Hotties and Not So Hotties

I was going to save this topic for next week, but I thought I'd give you guys a nice little Friday treat.

Dating site BeautifulPeople.com named the hottest players and teams in the 2010 FIFA World Cup and also it's "homeliest". I got such a kick out of this, but I must admit...the hotties are HOT! So let's start with the bad and end on a good note.

England's captain Wayne Rooney has been named the ugliest star while his team was ranked 2nd ugliest only to be out uglied (is that a word) by Algeria. I guess David Beckham's pure hotness was not enough to propel England to a higher ranking. It's ok Beck's, you'll always be #1 in my book.

The hottest footballer was Italy's Fabio Cannavaro (sometimes he looks hot and sometimes not, I can't decide) and the hottest teams included Spain, Italy, Brazil, France, Denmark, and the USA. Ok, so I might be biased, but where are the Germany men, hello Lucas Podolski?! Don't worry US fans, Landon Donovan ranked #4 hottest. Below are the top 10's of both categories. What do you guys think?

Most beautiful (in order of attractiveness):
1. Fabio Cannavaro, Italy
2. Fernando Torres, Spain
3. David Villa, Spain
4. Landon Donovan, USA
5. Thierry Henry, France
6. Edinson Cavani, Urugay
7. Kaka, Brazil
8. Cristiano Ronaldo, Portugal
9. Didier Drogba, Ivory Coast
10. Keisuke Honda, Japan
11. David James, England

Most ugly
1. Wayne Rooney, England
2. Franck Ribery, France
3. Carlos Tevez, Argentina
4. Vladimir Stojkovic, Serbia
5. Benjamin Huggel, Switzerland
6. Zdenko Strba, Slovakia
7. Rafik Saifi, Algeria
8. Scott Chipperfield, Australia
9. John Terry, England
10. Ryan Nelson, New Zealand
11. Daniel Agger, Denmark

Since I didn't completely agree with these lists from BeautifulPeople.com, I decided to make my own (of course with pictures...there are no words here!). Drum roll please...in no specific order and the countries they played for.

John Heitinga - Netherlands

Gonzalo Higuain - Argentina

Fabio Cannavaro - Italy

Cristiano Ronaldo - Portugal

Carlos Bocanegra - USA

Xherdan Shaqiri - Switzerland

Toni Kroos - Germany

Tim Howard - USA

Lukas Podolski - Germany

DUH, no words needed!


Hope you guys enjoyed your Friday treat! Have a great weekend everyone!






♥ Erin

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Pretty much love your list! What a bunch of hunks!

Miss K said...

AWESOME post!! Love your list too! Landon Donovan is from my city, Bocanegros threw out the 1st pitch at the Dodger game I went to last night too. I'm not a big soccer fan, but these guys are SMOKIN!