Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Twilight Saga: Eclipse Movie Review




Welcome back from the long holiday weekend! I noticed I got a couple new followers so I wanted to say welcome to you guys. I will have pics and details from my wonderful weekend in OCMD either tomorrow or Thursday I promise. I was so exhausted yesterday when I got home that I spent the day cuddling with Tim on the couch. I didn't even want to get up to pee! My review for Eclipse is finally here. I saw it last Wednesday and I finally had a chance to sit and write down my thoughts about it.

So you guys are well aware of my feelings toward this series. If you are a new follower (because I've gotten so many great ones lately) and you don't know, here's a quick recap for you: the first film was down right embarrassing and the second one was better, but was still a let down. Harry Potter movie's are well done and follow true to the books. I didn't understand why this series was not treated the same why by Summit Entertainment. How can you put a small budget on such a popular series (and believe me, their doing it to Breaking Dawn too)? These movies (even the crappy ones) have made you soooooo much money, not including all the toys, games, books, and other crap that was made to promote these movies. It just makes no sense to me that's all. There you have it, now let's get back to it. I went into the first two films praying that they were going to be good and I was very disappointed. So for the third one I didn't get my hopes up. I was so freaking impressed with Eclipse that I still can't believe it. I've been saying that I guess third times a charm and if I ever randomly run into David Slade I will give him a big hug while saying thank you over and over again. Other than the fact that I could have used a tad more action (or just lengthen the action scenes) I thought it was wonderful. My usual complaints are gone: the script was better, the acting was better, and it stuck to the book very closely. It was nice that he showed a lot more of what was going on in Seattle. In the book, you had no idea because everything is written from Bella's perspective. In a way, this movie also combined scenes from The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner (the girl who played her...exactly how I pictured her). I was very impressed with the back stories of Rosalie and Jasper. They were legit for once! Up until this point, every one's story had been either told verbally or done in some terrible cheesy way (except Carlisle's in New Moon). I know there is yet one more director to do Breaking Dawn even though it will be 2 movies. I hope and pray that it comes out as good as this one. Thank god I can finally be proud of one of these films. How many of you guys saw it? What did you think? What scenes were your faves?






♥ Erin

3 comments:

Caroline said...

I heart Jacob!

Journalism 152 Fall06 said...

this movie was the best by far!! cant wait to see how they do the last one! should be interesting...

Brittany said...

I agree slightly..

I liked the first two movies. I know everyone was pretty hard on them, but I still kiked them..

but I agree...

I LOVE-LOVE-LOVED Eclipse! We went on opening night, and I was sooo impressed! :)) I want to see it again, (without the comments from every young girl around me!) so that I can really enjoy it!

I am counting the days until the next!!! :)