Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tasty Cucumber Appetizer


This past weekend I was in PA visiting my dad for his upcoming birthday (being the good daughter that I am). On Saturday night my dad and step mom had a dinner party with a couple of their friends. My step mom is an amazing cook so I had no complaints eating her food. Currently her garden is over flowing with veggies. I was so excited she sent me home with tons of cucumbers and zucchini. One of the plans I have for these HUGE cucumbers is this appetizer she made on Saturday. Tim's family is coming to visit this weekend and I wanted to make a couple things while they're here. I was thinking this and some fresh cucumber salad. I just have to find a recipe I like. The appetizer is very simple and it tastes heavenly, it's perfect for the summer.

Pepperidge Farm Pumpernickel Party Slices (spread with melted butter and toast in oven)
Spread a thin layer of Mayo or Miracle Whip
Add a cucumber slice
Sprinkle Grill Mates Lemon Pepper Seasoning

If you let them sit at room temperature for 20 minutes the seasoning really soaks into the cucumber and adds extra flavor. I can't wait to make it this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.







♥ Erin

2 comments:

Miss K said...

mmmm that looks yummy! I'll have to give those a whirl!

Erin said...

omg they are soooo good!