Friday, July 9, 2010

Stocked Up for Summer Reading

In case you haven't noticed, I have been blowing through books like a mad woman! I read at the beach, the pool, on my lunch break at work, before I go to bed, etc. I recently asked my girlfriends to trade some books with me because I had been spending too much money at Borders already by June. I know I can go to the library, but I just like owning my books even if I never read them again. I don't know why that is, but my girlfriend Lara is also the same way. She's been sympathizing with me lately. So this past weekend my girlfriend Lindsay gave me the whole Sookie Stackhouse series books 1-10. If you don't know, these are the inspiration behind the HBO series True Blood (one of my faves). With part 1 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows coming out this November, I decided it was time to start reading the books. Luckily my neighbor Jenny has all the books (1-7) and she has graciously offered to let me read them. So right there that's 16 books (yikes!). I'm currently reading Commencement by J. Courtney Sullivan which I am love, love loving! I'm halfway through it and I can't put it down. I haven't even finished it and let me tell you guys, if you have a circle of close girlfriends it's a must read. I also have 7 books on my summer reading list that I still have to get through as well. I feel that I can get through all these books by September. So I'll obviously keep you guys posted on how this all goes down, I can't wait to see how many I can actually get through. Do you guys think I can do it? What are your thoughts on some of these books if you've read them? Here is the full list of books that are left on my summer reading list of 2010:

Sookie Stackhouse Series
Dead Until Dark
Living Dead In Dallas
Club Dead
Dead To The World
Dead As A Doornail
Definitely Dead
All Together Dead
From Dead To Worse
Dead And Gone
Dead In The Family










Harry Potter and the...
Sorcerer's Stone
Chamber of Secrets
Prisoner of Azkaban
Goblet of Fire
Order of the Phoenix
Half Blood Prince
Deathly Hallows










And the previously posted:
Lauren Conrad - Sweet Little Lies
Stephenie Meyer - The Host
Justin Cronin - The Passage
Robert Goolrick - A Reliable Wife
Candace Bushnell - The Carrie Diaries
Robert Leckie - Helmet For My Pillow
Seth Grahame-Smith - Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Wish me luck to get these all read!






♥ Erin

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Have you read the Lauren Conrad books? I am tempted everytime I walk by them. Fred just bought the Sookie Stackhouse books.

Brittany said...

I love-love-love reading! ;))

Have you tried looking at second hand stores? Goodwill? I buy at least 3/4 of my books there. I bought almost all the Nicholas Sparks books, and tons of new books! I'm very picky about my reading material, and they always seem to have great books there! Most of them are brand new, just dropped off by big name chain stores, if they have surpluss! I get them for a dollar or two instead of twenty! You should check it out!

That's Sassy said...

good luck! Just read the Carrie Diaries and loved it! Now Im reading water for elephants and it seems pretty great as well!

Robin Maidman said...

the sookie stackhouse books are great. If ytou watch True Blood then you will love them...but in my opnion like the Twilight series...BOOKS ARE BETTER THAN THE MOVIES/TV SHOWS!!!