Wednesday, July 28, 2010

El Paso Quesadilla Maker

Thank you to my girlfriend Lara who introduced me to this wonderful appliance! While I was in PA this weekend she showed me this new quesadilla maker she got. Let me tell you, this thing is awesome. I mentioned it to Tim yesterday morning and by the time I got home from work he was ready to go get it. I'm making a big meal tonight (hint hint look for a recipe tomorrow or Friday!) so we wanted something simple for dinner last night.

He bought the maker at Bed Bath & Beyond for $20! I saw that Target had it for $20 as well and Kohl's had it for a little more, $35. It also came with a sweet recipe booklet that I will be adding to repertoire! Here are a couple of my faves:

Goat Cheese with Olives, Red Onion and Walnuts
4 oz. mild goat cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup medium red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Dessert Banana Quesadillas with Caramel Sauce
1 lb. cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
2 very ripe large bananas, peeled and mashed up
2 1/2 cups store bought caramel sauce, gently warmed
4 medium bananas (for slicing)
10 flour tortillas
whipped cream

Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and mashed bananas, continue to beat until smooth. Spread 1/2 cup of the filling over five tortillas. Top each with another tortilla and press slightly to seal the edges. Place quesadilla on maker, cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove and cute into wedges. Arrange slices in the center of each serving plate. Spoon a 1/4 cup of warm caramel sauce over each slice. Peel the bananas and slice 1/4-inch thick. Garnish each plate with the sliced bananas and a dollop of whipped cream. *I would add some vanilla ice cream to this one as well! Yum!

Last night I had one with pico de gallo, chopped jalapenos, shredded mexican cheese and chicken in my quesadilla. I topped it with sour cream, salsa and olives. It was very tasty.






♥ Erin

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Yum! I've always wondered if these things worked. Can't wait to hear how you liked the recipes.