Friday, July 16, 2010

An Early Morning Surprise

At around 5 am this morning I was awakened by Tim sitting up suddenly in bed and saying, "I think we just had an earthquake" to which I responded, "you were dreaming, go back to bed". He then began to argue with me claiming that even the dog had gotten up and he felt the house shake and the windows "shattered". I believe I followed the conversation with "shut the f up and go back to bed". Well wouldn't you know it when I awoke an hour or so later, my night stand was all askew. I thought that was weird, but maybe I knocked things over as I was turning off my alarm. However, as soon as I got in my car it was all over the radio. The DC area had a 3.7 earthquake with an epicenter just south of Germantown, MD that was felt all the way down to Woodbridge, VA (about 30 min. south of me). Now I don't know if I woke up because of the earthquake or because of Tim. I don't remember feeling or hearing anything, but I do find it weird that my eyes were already open when Tim sat up alarmed. I'm a heavy sleeper what can I say. Tim called me earlier this morning to rub it in my face that he was right and he didn't mean to use the word "shattered" when he was talking about the windows. He meant "rattled" and I shouldn't be so judgemental in an emergency or when he's drowsy from sleeping. Haha. He cracks me up sometimes. He also said it's good to know that his girlfriend sleeps through earthquakes, one quality he didn't know about me after 7 years (hey, neither did I). So that is how my Friday started. I thought you guys would like to hear about it since it's all over the news from what I hear. I hope you guys had as interesting a start to your day as me!






♥ Erin

2 comments:

Brittany said...

caaaa razzzyyy Thats so weird that you slept through it, but I prob. would have too! I'm a crazy ligh sleeper!

Did it cause any damage?

Nicole said...

since living in LA... i now wake up in the middle of the night thinking there is an earthquake... its horrible! be glad u didn't feel it!