Monday, July 19, 2010

Current Playlist Volume 5

It's been 3 months since my last current playlist post so I figured now was as good as ever. I've been finding some really great music lately so I'd figure I'd share it with you all. Since it's been a little bit since my last post, I'll have a little more than 10 to post. Plus I have a great artist to recommend in my Artist Spotlight. I hope you guys enjoy!

Stateless - Bloodstream
* This was a song I heard on the season finale of The Vampire Diaries. As soon as the scene was over, Tim and I looked at each other and said, "Ooooh, I really liked that song!" I looked it up immediately and had it on my iPod in minutes.

Justin Bieber feat. Sean Kingston - Eenie Meenie
* I'm not proud to admit that I like a Justin Bieber song, but this was is just too darn catchy!

Usher feat. will.I.am - OMG
* Every time I hear this song I wanna get up and dance. It is the perfect summer song.

Black Eyed Peas - Rock That Body
* The minute I heard this song I was in love. The song they use the beat and background vocals from is one of my favorite old school songs, "It Takes Two" by Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock. I don't think I could ever get sick of it.

Carrie Underwood - Undo It
* How I love Miss Carrie Underwood (now Mrs. Carrie Fisher). I was never a huge country fan, but lately because of her and others like Taylor Swift have made me a fan. Carrie has such a beautiful voice and this song has a little bit of Pop in it that it has been one of my faves lately.

Taio Cruz - Dynamite
* This is another one of those songs that as soon as I heard it on the radio I immediately downloaded it and put it on my Summer playlist on my iPod.

Drake - Find Your Love
* I absolutely love Drake, whether it's got more of a Rap or an R&B feel I am so into his music right now.

Eminem feat. Rihanna - Love the Way You Lie
* What a great combination of voices for this song! I've listened to the rest of Em's new CD and it's much better than his last one. I'm glad he's back.

A Silent Film - You Will Leave a Mark
* Tim and I were in the car driving up to PA, and as soon as we get Philly radio stations we turn off the iPod. We were rocking out to one of our favorite stations, 104.5, and we heard this song. It was just one of those that you couldn't turn off. Thank goodness for my Shazam app on my iPhone that tells me what every song is.

Natasha Bedingfield - Touch
* Amazingly enough I heard this song on Elliot in the morning here in DC which is a rock station. Elliot always plays intros everytime he comes back from commercial and this was one of the songs he played. It's off her new album that is coming out this fall.



Artist Spotlight:

Florence + the Machine - Let me tell you , this girl can sing. She reminds me of Janis Joplin with her soulful yet throaty vocals that in some songs can sound haunting while the next song she sounds like she's going to bring down the roof. I first heard of her on The Vampire Diaries when they played the song, "Cosmic Love". When I sampled the rest of the band's songs on iTunes, I didn't download anymore of them because they didn't impress me. Then they released "Dog Days Are Over" which I fell in love with as well. Finally, after they contributed the song "Heavy in Your Arms" to the Eclipse soundtrack I decided that maybe I hadn't given their album Lungs enough of a chance. Plus iTunes is known for playing odd parts of songs during their 30 second snippets. I must not have liked what I heard originally. After going back and listening to the snippets again, I ended up downloading two more amazing songs, "Howl", "Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)". I have been so impressed with this band, I can't wait to hear what they come up with next.




♥ Erin

4 comments:

Caroline said...

I love your list. I am totally loving the Eminem song with Rhianna!

Miss K said...

Great list! I love the new eminem song, he and riri are a great pair. I'll have to check out the other songs on your list!

KT said...

I am pretty darn sure that OMG was written about me. I almost know it is.

Nicole said...

nice list! Love BEP's!!