Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Today is a Very Special Day

7 years ago today, Tim and I decided to be an "official" couple after dating for 5 months (so yes technically we've been a couple for 7 1/2). We have kind of a long complicated story for those of you who don't know us very well and are wondering why it took us so long to become official. That information is quite confidential (not really), but it's a long story and I don't want to bore you guys. I would just like to acknowledge this day because every year it still shocks me. It doesn't feel like it's been 7 years (Tim jokes and says it feels longer) and I love him even more now than I thought I could ever love someone. Without him I don't know where I would be and I'm very thankful everyday that I have him in my life.





Another great part about this day is that it's Dakota's 6th birthday! 6 years ago when I put a deposit down on a male yellow lab months before he was born, I started counting down the days until we got him. Tim and I had only been together a year and we were living in Manayunk in Philly and I was about to start my first year at Temple. When the breeder called me to tell me the litter had been born at 10 am June 29th, Tim and I knew we were meant to have this dog. Dakota is like our child and I can't believe he's 6! He has a wonderful temperament and personality, and most importantly he was a fantastic puppy as far as labs go. I had heard horror stories of labs eating through doors and walls, Dakota however, he likes trash cans (not bad for a lab). Hopefully sometime soon Tim and I will be able to get him a sister and complete our little family. So happy birthday to my "little man"!
First pictures of the litter with Mom

The litter at 1 day old

The day we picked "Dakota" out of the boys in the litter

He was smaller than a notebook!

He's always happy

Even if mommy is making him wear his Penn State jersey

This is why we call him the creeper






♥ Erin

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Congratulations on the 7 years together. And Happy Birthday, Dakota! He is so cute! Love the puppy pics!

Nicole said...

Congrats that's awesome! And no story is boring, every story is someone's own personal story! and they are fabulous!

Jamie Pickle said...

Congrats on being together for 7 years!!! Your dog is such a cutie!

Susan said...

Congrats!!! and your pup is way too cute!