Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thank You Flyers!

Well it was one hell of a season, but the Flyers luck finally caught up to them and they lost to the Chicago Blackhawks in overtime giving them their 4th win of the series to take the Stanley Cup. When I lived in Philly, I watched a lot more hockey and went to a bunch of games. Living in DC it's hard to keep up with all your teams if you don't get to watch them on a regular basis. We usually only get to see the Phils or the Flyers when they a) play a DC team or b) get into the playoffs. So we have been watching this epic playoff journey for almost a month now and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. And for those of you who are placing blame on one individual, you just can't. Take one member of that team away and they don't get as far as they did plain and simple. As a Philadelphia sports fan I live and die by the quote "Try it again next year". I don't care, I wouldn't have wanted to be raised anywhere else in this country. Philly fans are diamonds in the rough and I'm proud to call myself one. So what if it's usually a Philly sports team against the rest of the world, I wouldn't have it any other way. Thank you Flyers for an awesome season that no one could have predicted. "Let's do it again next year!"

Plus now I have another crush that rivals my obsession with Chase Utley...I freaking love Jeff Carter.








♥ Erin

No comments: