Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tasty Onion Chicken


This is a recipe I found in one of my Taste of Home magazines that I have been wanting to try for quite some time now. I am not a huge fan of chicken (I absolutely despise it on the grill) so when I eat it, it can't be dry and it has to have great flavor to it. I don't know about you guys, but our freezer is a bottomless pit. We put things in there and then forget about it and buy more, it's terrible. So we've slowly been eating away at the bulk of things we have hiding in there (this is why Sam's Club is a gift and a curse). I knew we had tons of chicken and this recipe was quick, easy and very tasty!

1/2 cup melted butter
1 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. ground mustard
1 can french-fried onions, crushed
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves

Directions:
In a shallow bowl, combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Place the onions in another shallow bowl. Dip the chicken in butter mixture, then coat with onions.
Place in a greased 11x7 in. baking dish, drizzle with remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

*I made this recipe for 2 people using chicken tenders instead of breasts. I kept the mixture the same, but cut down on the onions and I only cooked the chicken for 15 minutes. This is how it turned out!








♥ Erin

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Looks delish! :) I love chicken!

Caroline said...

This sounds delicious. I might have to try it soon.

LovelyBee said...

Looks yummyyy!!!!