Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner Review


I knew this book wouldn't take me long, it's an easy read (just like the rest of her books) and it's only 178 pages. I remember (oh so long ago) when I was reading Eclipse that I wanted to know more about what was going on in Seattle, but it didn't bother me immensely. So I guess I do feel a little more closure from reading this to here exactly how things went down. I have to admit I became a Bree Tanner fan and I agree with Stephenie in her Introduction of the book that I also wish she had ended Eclipse a little differently. Apparently she was already working on the editing of Eclipse when she wrote this book so it was too late to change certain things. I now feel like I definitely need more from this series. I don't think it needs to end with Breaking Dawn. To refresh my memory I actually had to open my Eclipse book and find the point in the book that this was going on simultaneously to help me connect a some of the dots. It's been a while since I read it, I was blanking on certain things. I also thoroughly enjoyed reading about Fred and thought there could be endless possibilities to his character. The only question that remains for me is this: we find out that the Volturi wanted Victoria to succeed against the Cullens, was this told in Eclipse or just hinted about? I know Edwards says something that eludes to it when he's talking to Jane, but I don't remember picking up on it at all. I really don't want to have to re-read that section over again. Does anyone remember? All in all, I definitely recommend if you're a Twilight fan and I to read it before the movie comes out June 30th.








♥ Erin

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I want to get this so bad! But first I'm going to re-read eclipse!