Thursday, June 10, 2010

OMG I Think I Love You...Lady Gaga

I have always been a fan of Lady Gaga and today I watched the much anticipated "Alejandro" video that is now getting so much criticism. OMG I loved it! I think she is the next Madonna. She takes risks and she takes chances and she doesn't give a you know what about what anyone thinks. I think it is complete artistic expression to the fullest. You can't be shocked by the outrage from certain groups, but she expresses herself like this to provoke a reaction as well. Honestly, I think that's the greatest part. If you are creating something completely around what people are going to say about it, you know it's going to be really good. I believe MTV called it "German expressionism with a beat".

I have to say though I am losing a lot of respect for Katy Perry lately because of her rant about Gaga. She used to be a Christian singer, yet her first single was "I Kissed A Girl"and she's marrying a man who has said he can't remember the amount of the people he's slept with. I hate when celebrities pretend to be something they're not just to get some press. Well that was my praise and my rant for the day. What did you guys think of the video? If you haven't seen it, you can watch it here at MTV. Below are some of the screen shots I found floating around the internet. I wouldn't expect anything less from Gaga.









♥ Erin

1 comment:

Robin Maidman said...

I am seeing her in concert in Feb...I couldnt be more excited to see her do her thang!!!