Monday, May 24, 2010

Celebrity Inspiration: Kate Bosworth

This weekend I was very proud of myself because I successfully pulled of an outfit and hair combination I took from a couple of my favorite celebs. Now let me just state that I suck at doing my own hair. I can never re-create anything that I see so I usually just do the same boring stuff. Well my hair is finally long and I wanted to attempt to do some new things to it. Let me know what you think. I also came across a look by Kate Bosworth (from J @ The Look for Less) that I wanted to try because I actually had all of the elements associated with it in my closet. We were just going to see a movie so I wanted to be comfortable yet fashionable (of course) and it was finally warm enough at night to wear shorts. Let me know what you guys think.

This is the look by Kate Bosworth that I fell in love with (too bad my legs don't look that good!)


So this is my re-creation (don't mind the background, I was washing the sheets in the guest room) and below is what I'm wearing to do so:


Ralph Lauren Oxford in blue


Abercrombie & Fitch jean shorts


Havaiana's in brown (the only shoe I had that came close to Kate's was a pair of patent leather gladiator sandals so I scrapped it and went for comfy)



Next was my hair style which I had been battling over all day. I had been catching up on my Gossip Girl last week since we were on vacation and I was loving Blake Lively's hair style in the show. I equate my current hair style closest to hers so I thought I should give it a shot. She had been wearing a lot of ponytails lately and I wanted to see if I could pull it off.


It's hard to see from this picture, but she's sporting a messy ponytail with a slight rise in the front (this was all I could find from this episode)


Instead of blow drying my hair straight I put in a tiny bit of my Catwalk Curls Rock product to give it a little wave, then I teased the front to get it to pouf and then pinned it before pulling it back into a ponytail and pulling some wisps out from the side


Finally I took a piece of the ponytail and wrapped it around the scrunchy to hide it and teased some more...voila.






♥ Erin

2 comments:

Christina said...

Love the hair. I can't believe how long its gotten.

Robin Maidman said...

SAME!!! I love the hair!! I can not do my own hair either! I can barely walk and chew gum...so you are ahead of me for sure skinny!!!