Thursday, May 27, 2010

Summer Reading List continued...

It's not even the end of May and I've already blown through a ton of books on my summer reading list a month ago. I guess it helped that I spent a week reading by a pool or a beach! Anyway, Tim and I ran a couple errands last night. One of which was going to Borders. I usually order my books online, but I hadn't actually been to the bookstore in a while so I wanted to browse a bit. I end up finding more books that I want when I'm in the store than when I browse online anyway. Since I am less than a chapter away from finishing The Last Song, and it's the last book I got from my earlier list, I realized it was time to get a couple more books from my original list. So from my original list I bought The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas & Helmet for My Pillow and then I picked up two more books from my new list. I didn't realize how small a book The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas was and since it's a young adult book I should read it pretty quickly. Now all that's left from my original list to read is Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter & the new Twilight installment which isn't released until June 5th. I've since added more books to my agenda, two of which I bought last night.

Commencement by J. Courtney Sullivan - I kept glancing at this book over the last couple of weeks and wasn't all that interested, but after reading a couple pages into it at Borders I was hooked. I can't turn any story down that has to do with 4 best friends (i.e. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Sex and the City); it reminds me of my girls.







L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad - Within the last week I had 3 of my friends tell me to read this book. They all said it was right up my alley. I can't say I'm a huge fan of The Hills, but out of all the psychos on that show Lauren Conrad bothers me the least. At least she's actually made something of herself unlike Heidi Montag (ugh!). So we'll see how this book goes and if I like it I'll get her next one which was also highly recommended.





The Host by Stephenie Meyer - This was one of those books that I said, "Oh what the hell". I don't think Stephenie will ever be able to beat the Twilight Series, but that's why I figured I'd give her another shot. I haven't heard much about this book. If you've read it please let me know. I haven't bought it yet, but I wanted it to be in the next batch that I read.






The Passage by Justin Cronin - Yet another vampire/zombie story, but the reviews have been really good. The book isn't released until June 8th, but the storyline really got me. It's about a post-apocalyptic America overrun by a plague of vampires caused by government experiments. Sounds like a mix of the Incredible Hulk, Resident Evil & True Blood...I'm in.







A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick - I have to say that I picked up and put down this book 4 or 5 times last night at Borders. I didn't decide that I wanted to read it until I was typing this post. I was reading a lot of customer reviews about it and they were all good. When I read the summary, I only felt half tempted to read it. It seemed like it was one of those books that I should read last when I'm done all my summer books. So we'll see how this one goes too.




The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell - I have read everyone of Candace Bushnell books, I highly recommend them if you're a SATC fan. As soon as I saw this book, I knew I had to have it! It is a young adult read, but from the reviews I read it seems to fit all ages. I probably won't start reading it until after I go see SATC2 this weekend with my girls. I don't want a Carrie overload.






If you guys have read any of these please let me know, and as always I love recommendations. They have turned out to be some of the best books I read.

After Borders, Tim and I went to Best Buy and I got Dear John on DVD! I love this movie. I watched it as soon as we got home. Definitely one of my all time faves!









♥ Erin

No comments: