Monday, May 3, 2010

Summer Movie Season 2010

I love the summer for oh so many reasons...the weather, vacations, cookout's, etc. Another one of those reasons is the fact that the biggest movies are released during the summer. Summer 2010 doesn't look like it's going to disappoint. So I thought I would put together my own list of anticipated summer movies for this year. Which ones are you going to trek out to the theaters to see and which ones will you wait for on DVD?


May

Iron Man 2 - I loved the first one and I have become a fan again of Robert Downey, Jr. He is a riot in this movie. I think he's so good at playing Tony Stark because I truly believe that's how Robert Downey, Jr. acts in reality. I am a little skeptical about Scarlett Johansson in any superhero/villain role, so I'm anxious to see how she does. I have a feeling it's going to be like Sienna Miller in G.I. Joe...it just didn't fit. Release date, May 7th.



Letters to Juliet - If I am in dire need of a girls night I'll spend the $12.50 to go see this movie or go see it on a Tuesday when the theater at Reston Town Center sells tickets for $6. If neither of those situations happens, I'll wait until Netflix. I think it will be a cute chick flick, but I need to justify my movie purchases nowadays. Release date, May 14th.





Robin Hood - This movie is definitely in my top 3 movies this summer. I was a HUGE fan of the original with Kevin Costner and I still am. I can't wait to see the new, darker, not so 90s take on the story of course without a Bryan Adams theme song. Release date, May 14th.








Shrek Forever After - The last of the Shrek movies is upon us. It will be sad to see the end of these ridiculously funny movies, but I'm sure they will be going out with a bang. I don't know anyone who isn't excited to see this movie. Release date, May 21st.






Sex and the City 2 - You guys had to know this was going to be on my list, duh! The newest trailer was just released and I have it cued up for you so you're all caught up. I'm so excited to see some of the story lines unfold. Will Carrie cheat on Big with Aidan? Are things going too well for Miranda? I don't know which one is my number 1 this summer. It's a tough race between SATC2 and Eclipse. Release date, May 28th.








June


Toy Story 3 - I think I'm more excited to see Toy Story 3 than I am Shrek Forever After. Probably because it's been so long since the last one. I've always been a sucker for the digitally animated movies, but the Toy Story series has always been one of my faves. Release date, June 18th.








The Twilight Saga: Eclipse - Do I even need to go into why I'm excited to see this movie? Like you guys don't already know. My only concern is where and what time. Maybe I'll try to win early screening passes. Who knows. Below I added the newest and last trailer that debuted on Oprah last Friday.








July



Predators - I actually came across this when I was researching the movies for this post. I'm sure I will be accompanying my Predator fan boyfriend to see this on the big screen. Normally I would beg him to wait for Netflix, much like I did with Alien vs. Predator. However, the cast associated with the "not quite a sequel" is pretty legit, Adrien Brody, Laurence Fishburne and Topher Grace just to name a few. I'll have to look for a trailer. Release date, July 9th.






Inception - Leonardo DiCaprio + The Dark Knight director Chris Nolan = you don't have to drag me kicking and screaming to go see it. I have absolutely no idea what this movie is about, but I know I want to see it. Apparently that's what Chris Nolan had in mind for everybody. You can't go wrong with a movie with these two together. Release date, July 16th.






I'm sure more will pop up as the summer goes on. We'll have to see when more trailers get released.






♥ Erin

No comments: