Friday, May 28, 2010

The Last Song Review

This book took me a little longer than expected because work got a little hectic at the end of last week and beginning of this week. I usually read and eat my lunch during the week. I finally finished it at lunch time today. I have to say the last few Nicholas Sparks books I've read have really amazed me. There were a couple there for a while that put me to sleep. I felt like he wrote about the same stuff all the time. The funny thing is at the end of this book they have a section titled Background Information where Sparks talks about how he came up with certain ideas and what not. He is actually quoted as saying, "There are, afterall, some 'certainties' in my novels: Two people will fall in love, the story will be set in eastern North Carolina, and the ending will either be happy, bittersweet, or tragic." That is Nicholas Sparks to a T. Dear John and this book made me a fan again.

Now I haven't seen the movie yet, but I plan on it. I hope I feel the same way as I felt with Dear John. I liked both the book and the movie individually. You couldn't completely compare the two because there were significant differences in the plots. From what I've heard, The Last Song movie and book are very similar. What's interesting is the fact that Sparks actually wrote the screenplay before he wrote the novel. Usually it's the total opposite. So I look forward to seeing the movie even though it has Miley Cyrus in it. I hope she doesn't annoy me too much. I'm sure it was very easy for her to portray a bratty teenager since that's what she is in real life.






♥ Erin

No comments: