Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Cinco de Mayo!



Even though I celebrated this day more often when I was in college and high school, I still like to try and go out to have a margarita on Cinco de Mayo. More often than not though, this date falls during the work week (my former college self is currently having a heart attack). Hopefully tonight I'll get the chance, but for those of you who are fortunate enough not to have to wake up at 5:30-6 o'clock in the morning I have a treat for you. I was looking for something different to drink for this holiday. I feel it's always the same old drinks: Corona, Margaritas, Mojitos, etc. So I found a recipe that I would love to try and probably wouldn't mind drinking more often even when it's not a Mexican holiday. I give you...Agave Negro. Let me know what you think!


2 blackberries, plus 1 blackberry and 1 lime wheel skewered on a pick
1 cup ice
1 1/2 ounces reposado tequila
3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
3/4 ounce Simple Syrup
1/2 ounce Chambord1 ounce chilled club soda

Directions:
In a cocktail shaker, muddle the 2 blackberries.
Add the ice, tequila, lime juice, Simple Syrup, and Chambord. Shake well and pour into a rocks glass.
Stir in the club soda and garnish with the skewered blackberry and lime wheel.






♥ Erin

No comments: