Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Weekend Pictures

We had a wonderful Easter weekend with my family in town. We took them all over the area from Fair Oaks to Dulles to DC. On Saturday we went down to see the cherry blossoms and the monuments. My sister thought it was "awesome". She's 12 and had never been to DC before so she was really excited. It had also been some time since my Dad and step mom had been here as well, and they had never seen the cherry blossoms. They were quite overwhelmed! They didn't realize how much walking was actually involved, nor were they prepared for the amount of people that come to see them in bloom. My father had always believed that the cherry blossoms lined the reflecting pool so he really had no idea what he was in for. Even though the winter snow was tough on them they were still beautiful. A couple of the trees hung a little lower than they did last year, but they were still breathtaking. I'm glad we went the first weekend because I heard they're pretty much done blooming and are starting to fall off the trees.

We were very grateful to have our family down here with us for the weekend. Since we moved here, Tim & I had always gone up to PA for all the holidays. This was our first holiday in VA with our family. My step mom made a huge Easter dinner for all of us and our neighbor Jenny. We had a full house especially if you include my Dad's two labs that he brought along for the trip. Needless to say Dakota is still recovering from having two playmates for the last few days. Anyway, I wanted to post some of my favorite pictures from the weekend. I hope you enjoy.

My sister and I on a bridge crossing over the tidal basin.

A picture I snapped of the Capitol Building. It's pictures like this that make me love my little camera. I was really, really far away when I took this.

One of the close ups I took of a cherry blossom. I loved how they turned out so I'll probably frame a couple in color and black and white.
Tim and my Dad over looking the cherry blossoms.

Tim & I trying to get a nice shot in together.

Our favorite monument to visit: the World War II Memorial.

Another one of my favorite close ups that I'm going to frame.

You'd never believe that I was at the opposite end of the reflecting pool when I took this.

Tim & Alex striking a pose in front of the reflecting pool.




♥ Erin


No comments: