Monday, April 26, 2010

Current Playlist Volume 4

Last week was a very exciting music week for me because I got to see one of my favorite bands live in concert, 30 Seconds to Mars. I have to admit it was the fact that Jared Leto being the front man for the band got me interested in them originally, but he's not the reason they've stayed one of my faves. If their music truly wasn't good, I wouldn't still listen to them. I've loved them for 3 albums and close to 10 years and never saw them in concert until now. They mostly toured Europe and played smaller venues in the states that sold out way too quick. So when the opportunity came to finally see them, I jumped all over it. I had a blast and I will be posting pictures from the concert (including Jared's hot pink mohawk) some time this week. Instead of an Artist's Spotlight today I wanted to do a top ten of my fave 30 Seconds to Mars songs. If you're a fan, what are your faves?



Metric - Gold Guns Girls
*One of those songs that I heard on the radio and I immediately fell in love with. I've been a fan of Metric for a while, but I don't usually go out of my way to search for their music. Their stuff usually always finds me. It's been said that the inspiration for this song came from the movie Scarface.

Robin Thicke feat. Ludacris - Sex Therapy (Remix)
*When I first heard this song I actually thought it was Maxwell. They sound identical in this song and the remix version with Ludacris really breaks up all the high pitched singing. Who doesn't love baby making music? Haha, I joke.

B.o.B feat. Hayley Williams - Airplanes
*This was a random song I heard on iTunes and I'm sure it will be released next from B.o.B. I'm a fan of his current single "Nothin' On You", and anything with Hayley from Paramore I will usually like.

Lady Gaga - Alejandro
*I didn't know this was going to be her next single released from Fame Monster when I heard it. I thought it sounded less mainstream like she had been sounding and it sparked my interest.

Chevelle - Letter From A Thief
*I've always been a Chevelle fan, but I didn't really explore their newest album, Sci-Fi Crimes, when it was released. This was their next released single and I love it! When I have a moment I'll be sure to check the rest of the album for any hidden gems.

Paper Tongues - Trinity
*Yet another song that I heard on the radio and immediately became in love with. I have never heard of the band and they don't have much to share on iTunes, but I'll keep looking out for things from them.

Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over
*I already had a couple songs on my iPod when I heard this song during an episode of Gossip Girl. The little 30 second snippets that iTunes lets you hear doesn't always do the songs justice.

Three Days Grace - Wicked Games
*I think I heard this on my internet radio or on my local Rock station DC101. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to find it, but I did. I love the Chris Isaak original, but these guys do a great cover.

Diddy & Dirty Money - Hello Good Morning
*Even though I think the guy is a complete (insert expletive here), he does come out with one good song ever 2-3 years.

Christina Aguilera - Not Myself Tonight
*Her new single from her upcoming album, Bionic. I have to admit, it took me a few listens to really get into it. It's been too long Christina, you can't leave your fans waiting so long. The song is dirty, but what else can you expect from the original Mickey Mouse Club good girl gone bad? Who do you think Brit learned it from?

Artist Spotlight:

Like I said earlier, instead of doing my traditional "bringing to light an artist that needs exposure", I'll be highlighting one of my faves. Here are my top ten 30 Seconds to Mars songs:







  1. Night of the Hunter
  2. The Kill
  3. Hurricane
  4. Savior
  5. Attack
  6. From Yesterday
  7. Beautiful Lie
  8. King and Queens
  9. This is War
  10. Alibi





♥ Erin

No comments: