Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Shamrock Shake Recipe


This post is totally not for me, but strictly for my readers. I hate most things made with mint and I especially think McDonald's Shamrock Shake is disgusting, but I have tons of friends who love it. Since St. Patty's Day is tomorrow I thought I would post 2 recipes for McDonald's Shamrock Shake. The first one is the healthy substitute that can also be made into an alcoholic beverage which is always a plus. The second recipe is McDonald's actual recipe for their shake. I hope everyone enjoys them! Have a great St. Patrick's Day!


Skinny Shamrock Shake

1 cup skim milk
3/4 cup frozen mango
2 ice cubes
1/4 cup loosely packed baby spinach
1/4 cup toasted almonds
1 tablespoon ground flax
1 teaspoon sugar

Place ingredients in blender and process until smooth; serves 2.
To spike the shake, add one shot (or more) of vodka before blending.

Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 cup):
240 calories, 9 grams protein, 30 grams carbohydrates, 11 grams of fat, 2 mg cholesterol, 1 gram fiber, 74 mg sodium


McDonald's Shamrock Shake

2 cups vanilla ice cream
1 1/4 cups 2% milk
1/4 teaspoon mint extract
8 drops green food coloring
Place all ingredients in blender until smooth; serves 2.


♥ Erin

No comments: