Friday, March 19, 2010

Current Playlist Volume 3

It's been a considerable amount time since my last Current Playlist so I'm going to do something a little different this time. I usually pick 10 songs that are my favorite and tell you about them which is then followed by my Artist Spotlight. The Artist Spotlight is an artist or band that is usually not very mainstream, but has somehow impressed me enough to download most of their songs off of iTunes. Since I'm a little behind, I've gathered a list of my favorite songs from the last few months (without description). Then I have 3 bands that I wanted to share with you, some you may know some you may not. Sharing music with people is one of my favorite things to do. Music is such a huge part of my life and I'm so grateful to be able to have the access we all have to it nowadays. I remember when CD's were $20 and portable CD players were big and skipped all the time. Before I go off on another tangent...I give you Volume 3. Enjoy!

The XX - Intro
The Submarines - Brightest Hour (Morgan Paige Remix)
Passion Pit - Moth's Wings
MGMT - Electric Feel
V Factory - Get Up
The Temper Trap - Fader
The Temper Trap - Love Lost
The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition
A Fine Frenzy - Stood Up
Thom Yorke - Hearing Damage
Oceanship - Hotblack
Oceanship - Mistake
Shakira - Did It Again
Switchfoot - Your Love Is A Song
Alicia Keys - Unthinkable (I'm Ready)
Ke$ha - Blah Blah Blah
Florence + The Machine - Cosmic Love
Silversun Pickups - Substitution
The Cataracs feat. Dev - 2Nite
M'Black - Heartbreak
Taio Cruz feat. Ludacris - Break Your Heart
Trey Songz feat. Fabolous - Say Aah
Lady Antebellum - Need You Now
The Hours - Ali In the Jungle
**THROWBACK**
Massive Attack feat. Tracey Thorn - Protection
(I watched Hackers the other day, so good. Totally forgot about this song.)


Artist Spotlight:



Paper Route - I saw this band open for Paramore late last year and immediately fell in love with them. The have a few EP's with 3-5 songs on them, but they just released Absence (a full album) right before going on tour. I ended up buying the album at the concert and as soon as I got home I downloaded all their other songs. Their music includes a variety of instruments which they record separately and mix in randomly during their songs. So when you see them live you expect a symphony to be with them and all that's there is a guy running a mix deck. Loved the music and absolutely recommend them live.

Trent Dabbs - This artist has been randomly featured throughout this season of my fave show One Tree Hill. If you don't know by now, I get 60% of my music from this show and other shows like it. As soon as I heard his music, I fell in love with it. I immediately bought the entire album from iTunes and told the friends I thought would be interested about it. There isn't one song on this album I don't like.



30 Seconds to Mars - This band has become very mainstream over the last couple of years. However, the reason I'm highlighting them is because they are living proof that you can make it big no matter how you start. Even though Jared Leto is the lead singer I doubt that had much to do with their success. Just because he's an actor doesn't mean he can sing and produce popular albums. Jared used to leave any venue that had promotions like "Jared Leto w/ 30 Seconds to Mars". He was always about separating his fame and trying to make it like any other band would. This album truly shows the bands appreciation for their fans. Included in many songs are voices of fans they sought out to put on the record. For their upcoming tour, they have even added meet and greet packages as well. I will be seeing them live in about a month and I'm really excited for it. This album has really shown the band's maturity and the raw lyrics are what sets this album apart from the others. I fell in love with it immediately.


*All the music featured here is available to purchase at iTunes.*






♥ Erin

No comments: