Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Homemade Turkey Chili


On Monday, AOL had warm fall/winter recipes on their homepage and it made me want to make something new. Cooking has never been something that I did a lot. I'm great at appetizers and desserts, entrees were always Tim's forte. Since we've moved in together I've taken it upon myself to try some recipes and contribute to the cooking side of the household. So far, my choices have panned out. This week I tried a recipe for Turkey Chili, but I took the recipe and ran with it. I kept the recipe exactly the same, took out all the beans, and added things that I like in my chili. You may think it's weird, but I absolutely despise any type of beans so I made bean less chili. My mom used to always make good chili and she would make me a pot of my own without beans. I had never made chili before so I was really anxious about it. I put it all together Monday night, put it in the fridge, and then had Tim put it in the crock pot to cook on low all day yesterday. I gotta tell ya, walking into my house after work yesterday was the best!! I love the smell of home cooking after a long day of work. The chili turned out fantastic, I was so proud of myself. I have the recipe for you below with what I added to it, feel free to use it and put in whatever you want. Enjoy!


1 lb ground turkey
2 cans tomato soup
1 can yellow corn
1 can diced tomatoes and chilies
1 can stewed tomatoes
1/2 red onion
1 can whole potatoes
roasted red peppers diced (to your liking)
1/2 bottle of queen size olives with pimentos
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
pinch black pepper
pinch cumin
pinch allspice
salt to taste



♥ Erin

2 comments:

Anylise said...

You are officially a nerd. Love ya :)

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.