Thursday, November 12, 2009

For animal lovers...please help!

Hey guys I need all animal lovers out there. Please pass this on to anyone you know who you think can help. Since I've moved to Virginia, I've found a rescue organization that does some really great stuff. I know a bunch of people that have adopted or fostered from them and have nothing but good things to say about them. The organization is not run from a shelter, all dogs are fostered. Some foster parents can get an entire litter of pups. The best thing about them is that they get a lot of puppies. Since a lot of people want puppies, why not rescue? It's cheaper and you're ultimately saving a life and giving a dog a chance that might not normally have one.

On Sunday, November 8th AFH coordinated with National Mill Dog Rescue to save 111 dogs from a Missouri puppy mill. I think they've found temporary foster homes for all the dogs, but they are in dire need of donations. They estimate that each dog will cost on average of $500. Apparently some of the dogs were in some bad shape and they may even need more than that. Please visit the AFH website to donate, foster, or even help find these dogs a forever home they deserve. Also on the website is video from the rescue and news spots as well. Like I said before please pass this on to anyone you know. Obviously to adopt you need to be in the DC area, but I do know that they will go outside of the area for a good home. You don't need to be local to donate money, dog food, beds, etc. Please feel free to leave me a comment if you need more information or you can email me at erinsworld09@gmail.com.


♥ Erin

No comments: