Thursday, October 1, 2009

New Music Tuesday

Yeah yeah I know, it's Thursday! Sorry I slacked last night. After I downloaded a bunch of the music I'm going to tell you about, I was sick of the computer and put this post off until today. My bad! Anyway, Tuesday was an awesome day for new music! I have so much stuff for my next current playlist vol. 3 post, whenever that may be. Check out some great new music that released this week, I recommend going to Billboard or iTunes to get the latest news.

I didn't even know B. Spears was releasing a new song. She has been a busy little bee (no pun intended) finishing up her tour, getting her bod back in shape, running after her little boys, and watching the media tear up K. Fat...I mean Fed. This new single titled "3" will be on her new album called The Singles Collection due out in November 24th. The album will be sold in 2 sets, the standard and the ultimate fan set. The standard set will include 17 of her biggest hits. The ultimate fan box set will contain all 29 of Spears' singles individually packaged in slip sleeves with their original artwork and B-sides or remixes. The box set will also include a DVD with all of Brit's videos from past to present and a photo booklet with various photos spanning her career. You can listen to it here on her website. The single will be released October 6th if you want to get it from iTunes. I friggin' love this damn song and have been rocking out to it since I got it.

I have been a fan of Paramore even before they were popular. In all these years of being a fan of them, I have never liked any of their entire albums...until now. This album is straight up amazing! I love every song and can listen to it straight through, no skipping songs here! This is a must buy for any Paramore fan.

In other music news, they released the New Moon Soundtrack tracklist. I'm not quite sure what to think since you can only buy Anya Marina's Satellite Heart which wasn't a bad song. I may hear a song, not like it, then hear it in the movie and because of the the element of the scene fall in love with it. The soundtrack releases October 10th and you can preorder here. If you preorder the album, you can instantly download Satellite Heart. I can't tell you what I'm going to do yet. I'll probably check out the songs and download the ones I like off the bat, but after I see the movie I'm sure I'll want more. Who knows, I might just suck it up and buy the album (off of iTunes of course, what are CD's again?) the day it comes out. We'll see what happens, I'll keep you posted. I really thought with Paramore's album coming out just a couple weeks before the soundtrack that I would see a song of theirs on it, but there's not. Oh well, I'm not in charge. Here is the official tracklist:

1. Death Cab For Cutie – Meet Me On The Equinox
2. Band Of Skulls – Friends
3. Thom Yorke – Hearing Damage
4. Lykke Li – Possibility
5. The Killers – A White Demon Love Song
6. Anya Marina – Satellite Heart
7. Muse – I Belong To You (New Moon Remix)
8. Bon Iver & St. Vincent – Rosyln
9. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – Done All Wrong
10. Hurricane Bells – Monsters
11. Sea Wolf – The Violet Hour
12. OK Go – Shooting The Moon
13. Grizzly Bear (with Victoria Legrand) – Slow Life
14. Editors – No Sound But The Wind
15. Alexandre Desplat – New Moon (The Meadow)
BONUS:
16. Lupe Fiasco – Solar Midnite
17. The Magic Numbers And Amadou & Mariam – All I Believe In
18. APM Orchestra. – Die Fledermaus – Duettino: Ach, ich darf nicht hin zu dir
19. Death Cab For Cutie – Meet Me On The Equinox (Music Video)
20. Ulf Bastlein – Wandrers Nachtlied II, Op. 96, No. 3, D.768 (preorder only)

November 10th is the release of Switchfoot's new album Hello Hurricane, but they released "Mess of Me" was released this week. It's got a different sound than what I'm used to from the band and I can't wait to hear the rest of the album. This one is totally on my list.


Honorable Mention:

One Republic's sophomore album will be released November 7th. I have been looking forward to this for over a year! I saw them twice in concert and they are amazing! Can't wait to get this album.







♥ Erin

1 comment:

nikki said...

if u get a chance...check out pete yorn and scarlett johansson - break up. it's awesome.