Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Catching you up...again!

I thought the summer was supposed to be the busiest time of year, but it wasn't for me. The fall has been CRAZY! I'm blaming it on the Phillies being in the post season, but I'm not complaining by any means. I've seen a couple of the blogs I follow take a little break right now as well, so I'm glad I'm not the only one. When I'm not screaming at my TV at the Phils, I'm catching up on all my other crap I have to do i.e. laundry, housework, trying to fit in my shows, etc. Plus the last two weekends have been nuts and it's not stopping any time soon. We had a friend visit two weeks ago, we went home to Philly this past weekend, we have another friend coming this weekend and for the last weekend in October (Halloween) we're back up in Philly. I really would feel overwhelmed ignoring my blog for 2 weeks straight so I'm going to slowly chip away at all the things we've been doing. Starting with last weekend when my friend Jane visited. We went to Reston's Oktoberfest which was really neat and we went to a Haunted Forest by our house and it was so scary and awesome! Here are some pics from that weekend.

Reston Sunset at Oktoberfest

Vanessa & Jenny


Jane & I

My favorite picture from the night

This past weekend I think I put way too many miles on my car! I drove back and forth to the city every night to go to two outstanding concerts. Friday night was Ryan Gosling's band Dead Man's Bones and Saturday night was Paramore. I had such a great time at both concerts. I got to see Ryan Gosling up close (I walked right by him and he grazed my shoulder!) and saw one of my favorite bands perform live. The opening bands for Paramore were The Swellers who were ok, but not my type of music and Paper Route who is my new favorite band. I will be doing an artist spotlight on them the next time I do my Current Playlist Vol. 3 hopefully sometime soon. They were amazing! Here are the pics from last weekend.

I love Ryan Gosling

The Swellers

Paper Route

Paramore


Hayley

I took a lot of video from these shows so when I get a little more time I'll try and post them.


♥ Erin

1 comment:

Fashionable Earth said...

We love Dead Man's Bones and recently reviewed them: http://fashionableearth.org/blog/2009/10/25/dead-mans-bones/

So creative and DIY-like :)

Glad you had a great time !!