Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Series Premier: Melrose Place Review

Well boys and girls I tuned in tonight to watch the much anticipated series premier of Melrose Place on the CW. Just like I felt about the 90210 remake last year, I was not impressed. If I had four hands I would give four thumbs down. I was a big fan of the original show, but this was a lame excuse at reviving a show that needed to stay in our TV past. It was nice to see some familiar faces like Thomas Calabro (Dr. Michael Mancini) and Laura Leighton (Sydney Andrews) who look really great all these years later. The new cast leaves me feeling like I could have taken a couple more acting classes and done much better. I will say good things about Kate Cassidy (yes David Cassidy's daughter) who I am a fan of from Supernatural and the movie Taken. Another face that may have looked familiar to you is Michael Rady who played Jonah Miller also known as Costas from Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movies. Last but not least the most familiar face was Ashlee Simpson-Wentz (Violet Foster) who much like her sister should really not sing or act. Even though you will find some of her songs on my ipod because they are catchy, she has failed the same way her big sis has in movies like The Dukes of Hazzard. If I were her, I'd quit while I was ahead and concentrate on being a new mom and my marriage which I hear is not doing too well. I will say this, the show had some really good music (most CW shows do) and the cliff hanger at the end was the best part of it all. In the grand scheme of things I'm sure the originals were just as cheesy, but I was just too young and caught up in it to notice. Sorry folks I will not be adding the new Melrose Place to my fall TV watching pleasure. It was a good try to revive the much loved show oh so many years ago, but in the end there was much to be desired.

Here's a list of the music shown in last nights episode. You can also click here to go to the CW's music page for the show.

Kevin Rudolf - Let it Rock
Say Hi - Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh
Bright Eyes - The First Day of My Life
Sofi Bonde - Slowly BV BV
David Carlson Smith - Don't Wait Too Long
Glint - Always On My Mind
Flo Rida feat. Wynter - Sugar
Lily Allen - The Fear
Mika Singh - Mauja Hi Mauja
Ciara feat. Justin Timberlake - Love, Sex, Magic
Hani - You've Had My Heart
Tina Sugandh - Break Me
Melissa Reyes - Coast Over To You
Brick Casey - You A Hottie
Choir of Young Believers - Hollow Talk
Charlotte Sometimes - How I Could Just Kill A Man
The Killers - The World We Live In

Some of these are really great songs, I urge you to check them all out!


Honorable Mention!!

Tim and I found out today that his sister Grace and boyfriend Tim will be having a baby boy!!! We're so excited for them! Congrats Grace & Tim!!

♥ Erin

1 comment:

Christina said...

I was not impressed either with Melrose Place. In fact I turned it off after the first 10 minutes. I still watch 90210...I know it's bad but its soo good.