Sunday, September 13, 2009

NFL Sunday Football Kickoff!

VS.
The first NFL Sunday Football is here! We are heading over our friends Christina & Mike's house since they have DirectTV Sunday Ticket. It should be a great day to spend with friends while cheering on our favorite team, which is the Philadelphia Eagles by the way. This week the Eagles take on the Carolina Panthers @ 1 p.m. I'll be making my famous Mexican Dip to munch on (see below). Everyone I make this for always falls in love with it, so here is the recipe:

Shredded Lettuce
1 Tomato
2 Peppers
Scallions (I buy 1 bunch of them)
1 Package of Shredded Mexican Cheese
16 oz. of Sour Cream
16 oz. of Old El Paso Taco Sauce (2 bottles, your choice of spice)
16 oz. of Cream Cheese (2 packages)

Combine sour cream, cream cheese and taco sauce with hand mixer until mostly smooth (it's ok if there are a couple of lumps still). Pour mixture into baking dish or brownie pan (13x9 is the best size). Spread lettuce over top evenly, followed by tomatoes, then peppers, then scallions. Cover dish with entire bag of shredded cheese evenly. Refrigerate until use.

*You can make this dish using less of the cream cheese and taco sauce. I have always doubled the recipe because I usually make for a lot of people. The original recipe has 8 oz. of cream cheese and 8 oz. of taco sauce. Also, the original recipe calls for black olives that I don't add because unless they're drained properly they water down the dip. That and the fact that Tim hates olives. Please let me know if you make this because I want to know how it turns out for you. Enjoy!






♥ Erin

2 comments:

Christina said...

Thanks for coming over today! Mikey finished off the yummy Mexican dip after you left.

robin maidman said...

the dip was fantastic!!! I copied the recipe and put it in my recipe box!!! I am so excited to make it!