Monday, September 14, 2009

New Cosmetic Buys



Last week, I bought 2 new eye shadows at Target that I have been wanting to get for a couple of weeks. One was CoverGirl's Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Shadow for green eyes and the other was Physicians Formula: Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow & Liner for green eyes. One was a big thumbs up and one was a HUGE thumbs down. Can you guess which one was the winner?

CoverGirl's was by far the biggest loser in this battle. There was just way too much pink first of all. And yes that may bring out the green in my eyes, but I looked like a clown. The color that was supposed to define the crease in the eye didn't even show up! It was such a waste of money, do not buy this product. It just wasn't as defining as I thought it was going to be. Since I used it once, I'm going to call CoverGirl first to try and get a refund (and sometimes they throw in some free stuff too), if that doesn't work I'll take it back to Target with the receipt.

The Physicians Formula product is really amazing. The shadow can be used wet or dry and it has 3 different sets of colors to be used together or you can even use them all individually. The best part about it was that it stood out. It wasn't too over the top, but I am not a fan of matte colors on my eyes. I like to be able to see the colors and to really accentuate my eyes. The only con to this product is that the brush that comes with it feels like it could break any minute. Other than I that I definitely recommend this product!



♥ Erin

No comments: