Friday, September 11, 2009

Must See TV Thursday Review

Last night was the premier of the CW's The Vampire Diaries. Unlike my experience on Tuesday with Melrose Place, I absolutely loved this show! It had me hooked within the first five minutes. It's dark but not cheesy, alluring and mysterious, but most importantly the music is brilliant! Music in a TV show (especially a teen drama) is critical to express the emotions the characters are feeling to the audience. It's how it gets the audience to relate on an emotional level with character. I was not disappointed with the acting, and I liked all the possible twists and turns that could be ahead. It didn't hurt that there was serious man candy to look at throughout the show either. Paul Wesley (Stefan) hasn't been in any memorable movies, but he's been on several successful TV shows with guest spots. His resume includes, 24, Army Wives, CSI, & Shark. Nina Dobrev (Elena) hasn't been in anything I've ever heard of, but she does a good job. If this show takes off like I know it will, these two actors are going to take off with it. The rest of the cast are a bunch of newbies as well, some even with previous CW experience. If you didn't get a chance to check it out last night you can watch an encore presentation tonight at 8 and Sunday at 8 as well. They have not released the full episode to watch online or the music list, but it should be coming soon. As soon as it does, I'll post it. I recognized a few bands like OneRepublic, The Fray, Matt Kearney, & Placebo. This will definitely be staying on my fall TV lineup!
"Picking up where the finale left off, Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Sam (Jared Padalecki) watch as the Devil (guest star Mark Pellegrino, "Lost") emerges from Hell.
The brothers and Bobby (Jim Beaver) deal with the aftermath of Lucifer rising and the stunning news from Chuck the Prophet (guest star Rob Benedict) that Castiel (Misha Collins) was blown to bits by the archangels."


Every season Supernatural amazes me. They always end the previous season like there is no way they can come back from it and then boom they some how pull it together. The much anticipated 5th season didn't disappoint either. Even though I hear this could be the last season for show, I'm sure they will go out with a bang (they always do). The chemistry between Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki was really surprising. Jensen is an ex-soap star and Jared was Rory's ex-love in Gilmore Girls, and then he did House of Wax and totally let me down. They really are a believable brother pair especially because of the great banter they have on set. If you're a fan of the show I recommend tuning this season, and if you haven't seen it yet you can get the previous seasons on DVD just about anywhere.

Don't forget to tune in on Monday for the season premiers of One Tree Hill @ 8 and Gossip Girl @ 9, new night and new times. Make sure you pick up Season 6 of OTH and Season 2 of GG on DVD, they're in stores now!

♥ Erin

No comments: