Thursday, September 17, 2009

Great New Recipe!



This weekend I bought the newest issue of Taste of Home magazine at the grocery store. I had to wipe my face of the drool that was slowly coming out of my mouth. Everything looked soooo good, I couldn't wait to start trying all the new recipes. The issue was dedicated to quick prep times (15 minutes or less) and budget friendly meals. Well, I came home from work with a cold and unbeknownst to me Tim had one as well. I didn't really feel like cooking anything ridiculous and when I'm sick all I want is soup, but I wasn't in the mood for plain old canned soup. My trusty new magazine helped guide me to my fantastic dinner that took 5 minutes! My choice...Zippy Chicken Soup, it was wonderful and hit the spot! Plus the peppers really opened up my sinuses. Here's the recipe:

1 can condensed chicken noodle soup, undiluted
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 can white or shoepeg corn, drained (I used yellow corn)
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup water

In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. I topped with a dollop of sour cream and a side of tortilla chips. Enjoy!

♥ Erin

1 comment:

Robin Maidman said...

this makes my mouth water as i eat a yogurt for breakfast...i should have made this delicious dish!