Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Current Playlist Volume 2

Ok guys I have your next installment of my current playlist and artist spotlight. Last week I left you with some oldies but goodies and I introduced you to some great new music. This week I have much of the same to bring you so enjoy!

Lady Gaga - Paparazzi
*Yes Poker Face is probably the most played out song on the radio right now, but every single she releases I immediately fall in love with. The video for this song is really great too, it stars Alexander Skarsgard who plays Eric on True Blood.
David Guetta feat. Kid Cudi - Memories
*If you haven't heard David Guetta's new album, One Love, go listen to it right now on iTunes. Even if you're not a huge dance/techno fan, I guarantee you'll get into a few songs. He has collaborations with Akon, Kelly Rowland, Estelle, & Will.i.am. on it and I think it has a really explosive sound.
The Killers - The World We Live In
*This song was the only good thing to come out of watching the series premier of Melrose Place. The show ended with it and I fell in love. The song is on their newest album titled Day & Age.
Miley Cyrus - Party In The U.S.A.
*I've known so many people that have admitted (some unwillingly) that there is just something about this song that makes them love it!
The All-American Rejects - I Wanna
*I originally heard this song in the movie House Bunny and as soon as the band released the album I downloaded it.
Kings of Leon - Arizona
*This is a song from the bands not so well known album, Because Of The Times. If you are a fan of Kings of Leon I highly recommend checking out this album too.
Peter Gabriel - Solsbury Hill
*Like my honorable mention of In Your Eyes last week, I had to mention this song too. For some reason this song just reminds me of my younger years (even though I'm not that old).
Metric - Help I'm Alive
*Another song I fell in love with from The Vampire Diaries. It originally premiered on the pilot's trailer and then showed up in the second episode.
Everly - Quicksand
*Everly is a band formed from one of the cast members on One Tree Hill. After having many great solo songs provided to the show, Bethany Joy Galeotti joined forces with Amber Sweeney to create an American folk duo. So far every song released by them has been pretty good and has ended up on my iPod.
Death Cab for Cutie - Meet Me On the Equinox
*This is a song I was really excited to hear about. I posted last week that this song was to be on the New Moon soundtrack slated to release sometime in October. I love Death Cab and I love New Moon so you really couldn't go wrong here.


Artist Spotlight:


I originally heard about this band because of a song that was featured on the Twilight soundtrack. Then a couple weeks ago, I heard the song Backfire at an Oriole's game. After previewing the album at iTunes I fell in love with it. I hope you guys like it too! Here's how the album reviewed:



"With Armistice, MUTEMATH set out to "embarrass the first record," according to lead singer Paul Meany. Songs on Armistice range from the stripped down, piano driven "Lost Year" to the fun, indie rock dance-inducing "Spotlight" that was featured on the Twilight Soundtrack. This time out, some of the tracks venture much further into poppy territory. While, the songs are still very well written and well produced. Armistice opens with the high energy rock track "The Nerve". It's tinged with some distorted sounds that give it that MUTEMATH stamp. The mid-tempo "Backfire" is the album's second single and my favorite track. Here, like an homage to Murphy's Law, Meany recounts another "surefire plan that backfired again". The track exudes MUTEMATH's unique sound and has an addictive hook. "Backfire" is also one of the more electronic tracks on an album where the group's sound is expanding greatly. For fans, the first listen might be just a bit surprising, but their craftsmanship, creativity, and unique sound can't be denied. Did MUTEMATH embarrass their previous album? In my opinion, I would say no. Did they expand on their sound and possibly increase their chances of reaching a broader audience? Definitely."


Some of the notable songs for me are: Backfire, Clipping, Lost Year, & Spotlight.

♥ Erin

3 comments:

Chessa! said...

hi, Erin:) thanks for your comments on my blog! can you please let me know the sizes of the prints that you're interested in so that I can create the listings for you on etsy. I only sell small format prints there so the largest is an 8x12. In some cases though I can do 11x14. Also, just to confirm, you would like the candles and the parking lot, correct? thanks!

oh, and ps...it might be easier to email rather. you can reach me at ciaochessa@gmail.com

xo

erin said...

glad you're getting into mutemath.. i saw them open for rob thomas a couple years ago and they're finally get some recognition. if it has to be through twilight, then so be it. hahaha

Robin Maidman said...

love the new death cab song and i am soooooooooooooooooooooo excited for New Moon!!!!