Thursday, August 27, 2009

Think Twice About Fiji Water


On AOL today there was an advertisement for an article about Fiji water. The article basically talks about how the corporation that controls Fiji water is not only stripping the nation of it's #1 resource, but gets rich from foreign interests while the country itself is suffering from poverty and illness. Not so great, huh? Another issue in the article is about how the United States has a wonderful relationship with the company's owners who also have their hand in certain crops in the country as well. I encourage everyone to read the article. I love passing along information to people that could effect items they buy. As a consumer you should always keep tabs on any company your buying things from. So next time you're standing in 7eleven deciding on which bottled water to buy, you might want to think twice before you pick Fiji. Below is the article's link to check out:

Fiji Water: So cool, so fresh, so bad for the environment? -- DailyFinance

I've finally finished Jodi Picoult's My Sister's Keeper and I absolutely loved it! The ending was out of the blue and unexpected, I definitely recommend it. I can't wait to see the movie to see if it lives up to the book, but I heard it didn't. I have now moved on to The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I already saw the movie and thought it was pretty good. I was told by everyone that has read the book that it's much better and more intense. I'll let you know what I think!

FYI, Tim and I are leaving for PA today for a wedding and family visit. We won't be back until sometime Sunday. Make sure to check in Monday, have a great weekend!

♥ Erin

No comments: