Monday, August 10, 2009

My New Favorite Sunscreen

I don't know about you guys, but I'm terrible to my skin in the summer. My mom used to win tanning contests at the beach in New Jersey when she was my age using baby oil! Yes baby oil! Back then (and my mom isn't very old) skin cancer was not a real threat obviously. Surprisingly, after all those years of abuse my mother still has amazing skin which she has graciously passed on to me. So, once I get my base tan by using a run of the mill sunscreen, I usually throw on some dark tanning oil (yikes!). Even though my skin gets wonderfully dark, I decided I should start taking better care of it. So the other day I picked up Banana Boat's Deep Tanning Lotion with Green Tea...and I absolutely love it! After using it this weekend I think I got atleast 2 shades darker. It's in lotion form which is better than oil in more ways than one! My big complaint with the oil was feeling...well...oily! The best thing about the lotion is it's SPF 8 so you have atleast some protection, and it just darkens your skin with no burning. Plus the smell is great and it's waterproof. In this ridiculous DC heat, I was jumping in the pool atleast every 20 minutes. It also comes in SPF 4 as well. If you guys try it I hope you like it as much as I do!

♥ Erin

2 comments:

Linda Weeks said...

Thanks for your comments honey. I actually put a little bit of iodine in the baby oil to give my skin a deep reddish brown color.

Christina said...

Oh I will have to try this. I just bought NO AD Dark Tanning stuff because my sister-in-law had it at the beach and I loved it. Once I finish that I'll add this one to my list.