Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Dane Cook: Isolated Incident

Today I won Dane Cook tickets on one of the local DC radio stations Hot 99.5. I was so excited especially because I haven't ever won anything from calling a radio station. I never get through. Anyway, he's coming to the Patriot Center in Fairfax, VA on November 6th and I can't wait!! I'm going to pick up the tickets some time this week. I don't know how many tickets I got (probably 2) or where the seats are but I'll let you know. Tickets for the show go on sale this Friday at Ticketmaster.



Today I pre-ordered a book that I'm really excited to read, Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. I found out about Dan Brown's book coming out early in the summer and have been waiting in anticipation ever since. I'm a huge fan of all his books. I definitely recommend picking up his other books like Digital Fortress & Deception Point. Since I am a Borders Reward member, I got it for 40% off. It was originally $29.95 and I got it for $17.97. While I was in the process of ordering, I saw the third installment of The Wicked Years books, A Lion Among Men. If you've read Wicked and Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire, A Lion Among Men is sure not to disappoint. It's been so long since I've read the last book, Son of a Witch, that I'm going to have to refresh before I start reading the new one. I must be so out of the loop because this book came out last October! I pre-ordered the paperback which is being released on September 1st. The paperback was 20% off from $16.00, then I had a coupon for another 25% off one item. I spent only $30 total and the books are being shipped to my local store for pick-up on their release dates so I didn't even have to pay shipping. I ordered through my new Ebates account since I've been doing more online shopping lately and got 4% cash back too! Thanks to Christina for another great find.

♥ Erin

1 comment:

Christina said...

Congrats on winning the tickets!!! Mikey and I went and saw him last year when he came to Verizon Center. Sooo fun.