Friday, July 31, 2009

Stuffed Peppers

So last night when I got home from work, I was faced with the wonderful task of figuring out what I should make for dinner. Anyone who knows me knows I'm great at appetizers and desserts. Dinners are usually Tim's specialty. Tim and I hardly plan a lot of meals because we've been so busy this summer. Tim has his volleyball leagues or he's at the gym, and we don't always feel like cooking something big. Lately with this hot weather I haven't even been that hungry at night so we end up fending for ourselves most of the time. When I got home I had so much motivation to do all types of stuff. Even though Tim had a vball game tonight, I thought it would be nice to make a meal that he could just heat up quick when he got home. As I'm scouring my cabinets, all I kept seeing was meals that had a lot of carbs. The last week or so I had been eating way too much pasta, bread, and cheeses. I needed something that didn't feel like a brick in my stomach! My signature dinner is usually enchiladas which I have perfected from my mom's recipe. Everyone I make them for loves them. I was about ready to just suck it up and make the same dinner I always make when I realized that I was going to do something different. I thought I should make stuffed peppers. My stepmom has a great recipe for them, but the only problem was I knew she was unreachable for the recipe at the moment. So what does a girl do? I winged it, that's what I did. I took a picture after I had already eaten mine because it wasn't until I ate it that I realized they were good!

Next time I promise to take a pic when it's fresh and looks much better. Since I just winged it, I'll tell you what I put in it but I have no idea on measurements!

  • Ground Beef
  • 1 Cup Rice
  • Tomato Soup
  • Milk
  • Crushed Red Pepper
  • Garlic Salt
  • Pepper
  • Salt
  • Whole Peppers
  • Spaghetti Sauce
  • Shredded Cheese

Saute beef and drain. Cook rice and add to beef with tomato soup and milk. Simmer on low for about 5-10 minutes while adding salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and garlic salt to your liking. Cut tops off peppers and fill. Pour excess around peppers along with 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce or salsa, top with shredded cheese and bake at 350 for about 16 min.

That's what I did and it turned out great! Let me know if you need anymore specifics! Enjoy.

♥ Erin





No comments: