Friday, July 31, 2009

Smoothies!

I tend to get hungry late in the evening and I have been looking for a solution to substitute any late night cravings with something healthy instead of junk food. My neighbor Jenny was telling me about these awesome smoothies she makes for a snack during the day. So I make them for myself if I get hungry and I add some flaxseed to give me the fiber that I lack.

Tim was craving one of my smoothies last night so I made him one. Since I was on a roll with my stuffed pepper dinner I decided to document my smoothie recipe for you guys too! Let me know what you guys think! Enjoy!

These are all the ingredients which include: Dole frozen fruit (I chose peaches, mango, raspberries, & strawberries), 1 cup vanilla yogurt, 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup OJ (I use Simply Orange), 2 tbsp. flaxseed, & 1 tbsp. chocolate chips


This was the one I made Tim last night minus the chocolate chips and flaxseed. Apparently he has enough fiber in his diet! And yes, I love drinking them out of my Eagles glasses! Enjoy!

♥ Erin









1 comment:

Christina said...

Oh yummy! I'm going to have to try this recipe. How much fruit do you use?