Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Mortal Instruments Trilogy

I have been looking for something to spark my reading interest this summer. I love reading in the summer especially when I'm by the pool or on the beach. My neighbor Jenny got me hooked on the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. She compared the plot to Twilight. The main character Clary gets thrown into a world of demons, vampires, and angels while learning the truth about her own family history. It has forbidden love, science fiction, action, and it keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout the books. Unlike Twilight or any other series of books I've read, they all blend into one long story split into three books. There is no resolution or ending in the first two books. It makes you want to pick up the next book as fast as you can. Book One is City of Bones, Book Two is City of Ashes, and Book 3 is City of Glass. I blew through the first two books and can't wait to start the third one! I definitely encourage you to pick up this series and start of your summer reading on the right foot!




♥ Erin

1 comment:

Lara said...

I got Colleen hooked on this series thanks to your blog!