Friday, June 26, 2009

HBO Original Documentary: Shouting Fire

I have to encourage you all to watch the HBO Original Documentary Shouting Fire: Stories from the Edge of Free Speech premiering Monday, June 29th at 9pm. Freedom of speech is slowly and quietly being attacked in this country. This documentary takes you into the history and foundation of our nations greatest freedom. I urge everyone to get informed!

"Most Americans believe the First
Amendment is sacred and inviolate, but not since the 1950s has it been under
such attack - from both the right and the left. In a unique collaboration with
her father, noted First Amendment attorney Martin Garbus, Oscar® nominee Liz
Garbus explores the social and political trends that have shaped America's
attitudes about free speech and how they can threaten the very tenets upon which
the country was built."

I couldn't find the preview on You Tube, but I did find a clip. If you want to see the preview click here.




I hope you guys tune in to this on Monday night. Please let me know your thoughts about it, I would love to hear from you.

♥ Erin

1 comment:

J.D. said...

Erin-

Thanks for the post. This is far more of a problem and infringement of our Constitutional rights than most care or want to admit. Proof is in the fact that our President waited several weeks before showing any sign of opposition to the tyrants in Iran and their crackdown on a fundamental form of freedom- demonstration.

I actually started my own blog last week http://unsympatheticstain.blogspot.com/

Thanks and keep blogging!!!

-Joe